Coyote Tracks Programs
For complete Parent Handbook, click here.
Young people should be comfortable sleeping away from home. To prepare, overnight (or longer) visits to the homes of friends or relatives should be encouraged. Outdoor overnights are also good practice.
Coyote Tracks has instructors trained in First Aid and CPR, as well as additional medical staff available and Medical director with minimum of Wilderness First Responder certification. Off-site medical care is provided with the understanding that family health insurance policies are the primary health care payment providers.
Bridge Program : If you will be staying for more than one week the following fees cover from noon on Friday until the next program begins on Sunday.
Youth or Teen : $70 for Bridge Program (for unaccompanied minors)
Family: $35 per person (includes food and camping only, no supervision or programming)
Coyote Tracks handbooks, medical forms, equipment lists, and the like will be sent to enrolled participants.
A warm sleeping bag (it can get chilly at night)
Sleeping pad (cots will be provided, additional padding is optional)
Water Bottle (that can be carried with you at all times)
Changes of clothing for warm, cold and rainy weather
Changes of shoes (one to stay dry, one that can get wet)
A 3-5 inch, sharp, non folding, sheathed knife (with parent/guardian
Blindfold (a bandana works great)
Toiletry items (biodegradable soap only, please)
Notebook and pens
Letter writing material/ stamps (we do not have stamps available)
DO NOT BRING:
ANY electronics (radio, CD players, etc.)
Anything that can?t get wet or dirty
Coyote Tracks provides large 5 person wall tents, which may be shared with other participants as needed. If your family would like to bring a private tent for use during a family course, that is fine.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMP SHEPPARD?S MILL
FROM POINTS NORTH:
Locate 295 in New Jersey. Take 295 South to Rt. 42.
Follow Rt. 42 to Rt. 55 South.
Follow Rt. 55 S. to Rt. 56 West - exit 32B (Rosenhayn/Vineland).
Follow Rt. 56 West to the intersection with Route 77 at Bridgeton.
Turn left on Route 77 to Route 49.
Turn right onto Route 49 West.
At the fourth light (on the far comer of the Old Broad Street Church cemetery), turn left on West Avenue.
Follow Directions below from West Avenue.**
FROM SHORE POINTS AND POINTS SOUTH:
Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 25 (Marmora/Tuckahoe)
Turn Right on to Roosevelt Blvd, which turns into Rt. 631 west.
Follow Rt. 631 and turn Right onto Rt. 50 towards Tuckahoe
At Stop light in Tuckahoe turn Left onto Rt. 49 towards Millville
Follow Rt. 49 through MiIlviIle into Bridgeton.
In downtown Bridgeton, look for the County Courthouse on Broad Street, then the Old Broad Street Church and cemetery.
West Avenue will be at the light at the far comer of the cemetery.
Turn left onto West Avenue.
Follow directions below from West Avenue * *
FROM PENNSYLVANIA, PHILADELPHIA AND POINTS WEST:
Locate 295 where it crosses the Delaware Bay from PA into NJ.
Take 295 West to Rt. 49 East (just over the Jersey line)
Take Rt. 49 to just before Bridgeton
Turn right on West Avenue, just before the Old Broad Street Church cemetery.
Follow Directions below from West Avenue.**
**FROM WEST AVENUE:
Take the second right, Rt. 607 West toward Greenwich for about 3 miles.
Look for the Camp Sheppard's Mill sign on the right side of the road as you top a small rise.
Turn right onto the dirt road and follow the Sheppard's Mill signs for a quarter of a mile into camp.
NEW JERSEY AIRPORT INSTRUCTIONS
*Airport Pick-up is included in the cost of the program from the PHL Airport during the times designated below. If you are flying and cannot make these times, there will be an extra charge up to $40.00 each way for separate Pick-ups or drop-offs.
Please read the following information carefully, security measures at Philadelphia International Airport have changed. If you have general questions about Philadelphia International, please call them at (215) 937-6937, or visit their web site at www.phl.org
All flights need to arrive and depart from PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT- Please send all flight arrangements to The Children of the Earth Foundation Office.
- Plan your flights to arrive before 4:00 pm on the day the class begins. There will be instructors from Coyote Tracks at the airport starting between 1:00pm and 1:30pm on the day the class begins.
- Our van/bus leaves the airport between 4:30 and 5 :00pm, so we can return to Camp Sheppard's Mill in time for dinner.
- On the day the class ends, our van/bus leaves Coyote Tracks at 12:00pm. We arrive at Philadelphia International roughly around 1:30pm. We recommend you arrange your departing flight to leave after 4:00 pm. The security lines in Philadelphia may be quite long.
IF YOUR CHILD IS AN "UNACCOMPANIED MNOR" (GENERALLY BELOW 12 YEARS OF AGE, AND SOMETIMES BELOW 15 YEARS OLD, DEPENDING ON THE INDIVIDUAL AIRLINE)
- Please inform the airline your child is traveling alone.
- In order for us to pick up your child at his/her gate, we need a special pass you must request separately.
- Please inform the airline that someone from our program will be meeting your child at the gate, and ask them to give you the pass we will need. You can send us the pass, or have the airline mail it to us directly.
- Generally, the airlines require the name and address of the person who will be meeting your child. We will have the name and address 48 hours prior to the date your child is arriving. Please call us then for that information.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ABOVE 15 YEARS OLD:
- For all families and teens who are allowed by the airline to proceed unaccompanied to our meeting spot, we meet all Coyote Tracks Participants in Baggage Claim B-C, between belts C and D (underneath the large model airplane). This is in the center of the B-C Baggage Claim area.
- There will be a Coyote Tracks Instructor waiting there.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CHILD WILL NEED A PHOTO ID FOR HIS/HER RETURN TRIP.
PLEASE CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE ON THE REQUIREMENTS.
Arrival and Pick Up Times
All Coyote Tracks courses begin on a Sunday and end on Friday. Please check your dates carefully.
IF YOU ARE ARRIVING/ PICKING-UP BY CAR:
- We will begin registration at 2:00pm on the day the class begins. You may arrive before this time, however, no one will be available to help you until 2:00pm.
- Please arrive before 5:30pm on the day the class begins. Dinner is at 6:00pm; you will need time to register and set up.
- The course ends at 12:00pm on the Friday listed on the first page of this handbook. We head into staff meetings immediately, so be sure to pick up your child by noon. You can arrive anytime that morning. Be aware, however, that your child will be engaged in culmination activities and goodbyes until noon. You are welcome to join us in our ending ceremony if you arrive early.
IF YOU ARE ARRIVING/DEPARTING BY COMMERCIAL AIRLINE SEE *AIRPORT INSTRUCTIONS*
NOTE: THERE IS LIMITED PUBLIC TRANSPORTAION AVAILABLE TO CAMP SHEPPARD'S MILL. PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE BY CAR OR PLANE. THANK YOU!
- Visiting Days are available for those children and teens who are staying for two weeks or more.
- Our visiting days are Fridays from 12:00pm to 5:30pm and Saturdays from 10am to 5:30pm.
- Feel free to join your child for the day! Please bring your own lunch. You may also bring a picnic lunch arid eat with your child anywhere at Camp Sheppard's Mill.
- Please inform us by Thursday if you plan to visit your child on the upcoming Saturday, and if you plan to join us or visit alone with your child. You can leave a message at our office at (609)971-1799.