Frequently Asked Questions

This is where you will find most answers. If there should still be any questions left, don't hesitate to contact us.

How do I enroll?

If you click here you will be brought to our Enroll and Payment Options Page where all options are defined and all necessary forms are provided.

Please note, minors attending any New York State program need to have a physician sign the medical information form which we will send to you once your deposit has been received.

As part of your confirmation package you will also receive our Handbook.

What should I bring?

You can view our general equipment list here.

Please note that some locations, like our Camp Ludington location in Holmes, NY, have platform tents that hold 4-5 people for your family and/or children to sleep in. These tents have cots and mattresses. You may also bring your own tent and mats.

Other locations may not have platform tents and you will need to bring a tent. Be sure to check out your information packet for your specific program after you register. This will describe the setting, amenities, equipment and other specific details regarding your program.

Will you pick us up and drop us off?

Yes...depending on which location you are attending and which program.

For all week-long programs at Camp Ludington in New York, we can pick up at a bus stop in town, the train stop at Patterson, NY.

There is no charge for pick ups at the train station in Patterson or local bus stations.

We will also pick you up from LaGuardia Airport (and return you) for a small fee.

Why do you need my medical information?

Children of the Earth Foundation (COTEF) requires that every person at camp have a medical information form sent to us to keep on file. This is important to firstly avoid and secondly quickly recognize an emergency medical situation.

You can go back to the registration page and print multiple copies for however many people are attending.

Please be sure that each person in your family, regardless of age, has one of these forms sent with your registration. We will not be able to register you without this information.

For our summer programs in NY, all children need their medical form signed by their physician.

Who will be with my child?

All of our instructors and adult volunteers have been screened with background checks.

We have a designated medical person on hand at all times.

Staff and interns have also taken programs through us and/or Tracker School or equivalent schools and have shown proficiency in skills to teach them to families and children.

Can you accommodate food allergies/preferences?

Yes. We take careful consideration and care to accommodate food allergies and preferences and use healthy and locally grown foods when available.

Be sure to inform us of your dietary needs on your medical form when you register.

How do I pay?

You can pay by check, money order, credit card, online through PayPal even if you don't have an account with them. When you register online, you pay a deposit at that time. There is a fee by the online service for this convenience.

A deposit is needed upon registration to hold your place in the program. The balance of your program fee is due two weeks prior to the program.

Due to expensive fees and fluctuating exchange rates, we cannot accept checks or money orders from outside the United States. Please use a credit card if you are outside the United States.

Do you provide scholarships?

Download the scholarship application and submit it to

If you are approved, you will be notified with an amount that we determined based on the information you sent to us in your scholarship application.

We can give scholarships up to 50% for a maximum of two programs/season. Families are always asked to pay some portion of the program fees.

Are you located near the Tracker School?

Our office is within the Tracker School's office, but our programs are in many different locations.

Our summer programs are being run at Camp Ludington in Holmes, NY, which is about 2 1/2 hours from our office in Waretown, NJ.

Will I get to see Tom Brown, Jr.?

Probably not. Tom founded our organization because he saw a need to teach the same skills and ideas to children and families that he teaches to adults at Tracker School.

He teaches many classes at Tracker School and is usually not involved in the programs that you will be attending.

How can I contact my child at camp?

Please see your Handbook for contact information for your specific location. This will be emailed to you upon registration.

You can also always contact our main office.

Office Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm Eastern Time

Phone: 609-971-1799

Send us and email using this link: Email Us

How does your "School Store" work?

We have a small store which is open at our summer programs that has books, Children of the Earth Foundation apparel, and other interesting items as well as basic knives.

If you do not have a recommended knife, we sell them at our store. A good basic knife is around $20.

We will keep a tab of your family's school store items and we require that you pay your tab before you leave camp. If you would like to set a limit for your family's school store tab, contact us at the office (609-971-1799).

What is your cancellation policy?

All remaining balances are due no later than two weeks prior to your program. If you registered online, you can pay your balance through your online registration or by phone at 609-971-1799.

We accept cash, checks, PayPal, postal money order, traveler’s checks, and credit cards. All monies must be in U.S. funds. Failure to submit the balance by the due date may result in the loss of your enrollment and will also result in forfeiture of your deposit.

Cancellation 30 days or more before the first day of class: 100% of paid balance returned and deposit forfeited.

Cancellation less than 30 days before the first day of class: 50% of paid balance and deposit forfeited.

Failure to attend without one day of notification: 100% of paid balance and deposit forfeited.

If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the main office at (609) 971-1799.

Send us and e-mail using this link: Email Us

Where can COTEF go to run a Concentric Rings Outreach Program?

We have trained instructors around the United States, and can usually travel to a camp, school or mutual location in most places in the Eastern United States.

Travel costs for the instructors will be included in your program fees.

What are the costs for a Concentric Rings Outreach Program?

Because these programs are developed with the group requesting our services, the costs vary from program to program. Please contact our office to speak with someone about developing a program at (609) 971-1799. Send us and e-mail using this link: Email Us

Are you insured?

Yes, we have insurance and can provide copies of proof to your group should you require it.

If you have any further questions, contact our office at (609) 971-1799 or email

Contact Children of the Earth Foundation

  • Phone
  • Email
  • Address

    529 Route 9
    Suite #10
    Waretown, NJ